Sign in to follow this  
ScopeDynamo

[.net] Ciould someone send me the tao framework dlls?

ScopeDynamo    158
Could anyone who has built the tao framework please send me the openGL, SDL and DevIL .dlls they built? I'm using the beta version of vc2005 C#, but can't manage to build the framework myself. Send it to Antony@Excess.eclipse.co.uk I'll give you a copy of the 360game creator(My prog) in return.

ScopeDynamo    158
Thanks, they all work except for Tao.OpenGL which vc tells me cannot be referenced, and to check it's a valid com or net reference when trying to add it as a reference. All the others added fine.
Are there any alternative builds of it about? The axoim site had some but I can't find it anymore.

Rob Loach    1504
I've talked to jendave of Tao.Sdl and he says that they're currently working on providing official pre-built release DLLs of the libraries on the Tao Framework website. The pre-built ones that Ben and I provided you are old and lack in some recent updates (mainly in Tao.DevIL and Tao.Sdl). It has also been reported that the Tao.OpenGl.ExtensionLoader was built correctly, but lacks the postbuild batch process. These DLLs do work, but just be aware that they arn't completely up to par. In the mean time, while jendave works with Vladimir on uploading the official binary releases to the Tao Framework website, you can get browse the source or download the source and make your own builds [wink].

ScopeDynamo    158
Yeah I saw they mentioned something about prebuild dlls, just need something in the mean time. I posted another thread, if you don't mind taking a look, as the dlls arn't working at all for me atm. Probably something I've done wrong, or perhaps it's c#2005's use of the net2.0 framework. Any ideas?

ScopeDynamo    158
Do either of you guys have GLFW? I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to be able to let me create and open gl windows, which I need 'cos sdl isn't working when I flip the video pointer returned by the init video call.
I assume I could carry on using sdl for input, and just use glfw for the screen set up? I'll be using my own drawing code.

Rob Loach    1504
Quote:
Original post by ScopeDynamo
Do either of you guys have GLFW? I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to be able to let me create and open gl windows, which I need 'cos sdl isn't working when I flip the video pointer returned by the init video call.
I assume I could carry on using sdl for input, and just use glfw for the screen set up? I'll be using my own drawing code.
GLFW is a framework for working with OpenGL applications. It pretty much handles the window management and user input events for you, much like SDL.