Sign in to follow this  
kaeumgprogrammer

New team creating first shareware game

Hi Guys, I'm with United Minds Games and we are a 2D game based company that will solely create 2D games soon for Computers, Mobile Phones, and some consoles. We've been working on our first small shareware game. It's called Shiparoo and it will be based off of "Battleship", but of course with a little more to it like missile power ups, different types of ships(futuristic, classics, .etc), and there will also be an upgrade store to upgrade your ships arsenal. Each stage may have a different twist to it as far as difficulty, like the enemy may not wait on you to attack before they do. Here's a link to our first beta demo of it. Demo Beta 1 All it really does is demonstrate the gameplay of the game and some of the graphics. The enemy can attack you and is semi-smart. If it hits a ship, it will test the blocks around it to try to sink the ship, but right now it doesn't know if the ship is sunk or not, so it will keep attacking your ship until it reaches a miss. To exit the stage, hit "Enter", since there's no way to tell if ships are sunk yet. Also, here are some screenshots: Let me know what you guys think so far. Any criticism will be helpful as well.

Well, I don't have windows, but that looks very, very nice for a first shareware game. I compliment you and your team for making it this far, and not getting caught up in the "lets make an MMORPG! OMG!" craze.

I will see if I can get on a windows box, or find an emulator, to give it a shot. Congrats.

Quote:
and not getting caught up in the "lets make an MMORPG! OMG!" craze.

LOL!! You know what visage? We were actually thinking of doing one in the future, though! But, I don't think it should be a first game thing, we wanted to do a small one for to make sure that we worked together as a team, and of course for practice.

Thanks for you opinions!! :)

hey kaeumgprogrammer on the 4th picture how did you get tha isometric matrix i would like to have an idea its not for enything special im just woundering how to make one and did u use directx, sdl or openGL

p.s Game looks great havnt had time to play it yet. Max Kudos to the team

[Edited by - cNoob on October 5, 2005 5:50:57 PM]

Hey, great job!

It looked very professional, especially the intro with the logo, very nice!

I only had a few minor gripes that you guys probably already know about:

-Sometimes it was hard to tell if I hit something, a text or verbal indicator would be nice.

-The movement from offensive screen to defensive screen was a little too slow for my tastes.

Anyways, great game, and good luck with it!

Quote:
Original post by cNoob
hey kaeumgprogrammer on the 4th picture how did you get tha isometric matrix i would like to have an idea its not for enything special im just woundering how to make one and did u use directx, sdl or openGL

Oh, one of the artists drew it with an image editor. He used Cosmigo Pro Motion 4.7. Once he drew it, I just entered it in as a sprite.

As far as what I use, I use Allegro Programming Library.

Quote:
[i]Original post by Sir Sapo[i]
Hey, great job!

It looked very professional, especially the intro with the logo, very nice!

I only had a few minor gripes that you guys probably already know about:

-Sometimes it was hard to tell if I hit something, a text or verbal indicator would be nice.

-The movement from offensive screen to defensive screen was a little too slow for my tastes.

Anyways, great game, and good luck with it!

Thanks for the comment on the logo!! I actually designed that!! :):)

Yeah, we're also going to change the transisition from your field to the enemy's field as well.

Sign in to follow this