Sign in to follow this  
Weeb

rendering different sizes

I posted this in the newbie section, but didn’t get any replies. I figure if 40 people read it and no one has anything to say, either no one understands my question, it is in the wrong section, or I am not patient enough. Anyway, I will rephrase it here. Also, I did try searching, but didn't find quite what I needed. If I want to take video and render it to two different windows of different sizes on different monitors, how can I do that without costing the CPU much processing power? He is what I think I need to do. Create a Direct3dDevice9 with the size of the larger window, do other setup, begin the scene, draw the primitives, end the scene, then call Present() twice with the two different window handles. This works somewhat, but the smaller window only shows a portion of the buffer. This makes sense to me cause it was rendered at the larger resolution and my window is only going to show a portion of that, but how do I scale the surface down to the right size? Say one window is at 1280x1024 and the other is at like 320x240 or something. I have found that if the default Direct3dDevice’s size is the smaller resolution then present() will somehow automatically upscale when presenting to the larger window, but then I loose all of the quality. Can someone help out?

Hi,

I am trying to achieve somthing similar to that myself and it's been very hard trying to find some solid examples with code. In my search I stumbled across this excellent site with code examples on how to many directx tricks:

http://www.codesampler.com/source.htm

goodluck...