Sign in to follow this  
piman

try my game

piman    174
Just finished off this demo, please try it out and let me know what you think. Thanks. It requires DirectX. (I used the DX9 SDK.) EggRoll. Couldn't find a better place to store the install, so this link won't last long.

matthughson    588
Quote:
Original post by piman
...this link won't last long.

Dead already! Can you post some screens so I can know what I'm missing out on [wink]

Matt Hughson

PS- Did you steal my signature styles, Rob!?

evanofsky    2913
It told me it couldn't find the proper resources and that I should reinstall the DXSDK. I did, and it still didn't work.

Hmmmmmm.....

[edit:] Oh yeah, you'll prolly want to know my system specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe Mobo
2x512MB Mem Sticks, one 2700, the other 3200

Good luck!

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Tried it. SDK is installed. Now that you said you updated it I tried again and it couldnt connect to download...

matthughson    588
Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
...Now that you said you updated it I tried again and it couldnt connect to download...

Ditto.

You should PM Rob (from post above) about tossing the zip on his server.

Matt Hughson

piman    174
Thanks evanofsky.
I made this on my own in about 2.5 months. (I've done several other games before, so gots some experience.)
For those who couldn't download it, I don't know what to say. Maybe Yahoo Briefcase thingy is problematic. The link is just http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/bc/4951432a/bc/games/EggRoll.zip?bfQDERDBdj0pLLxQ and seems to work for me. Hopefully Rob can host for me.

matthughson    588
Pretty cool game dude! Reminds me of an old NES game called Binary. Not sure if you're looking for suggestions, but the thing that seems to jump out at me is the HUD. Would really make the game look a lot better just adding a cooler font for the read outs between levels. But really good stuff. I give it a more indepth look when I get home from work.

Matt Hughson

Shanjaq    151
Way cool! Loved the soundtrack too ^_^

The dungeon level was fun, I messed up the first time and accidentally lost the "rescuer" to the nest =P

piman    174
Thanks for the comments, all.
Does anyone know where I can get some good royalty-free sounds effects & music? I keep having to use Mario's soundtrack :)

rip-off    10979
nice work

i like the menu...

just as a bug report, on the first level with the two spiked rollers, one of the balls was destroyed(?) and the game allowed me to play on and get the other ball home.

but it didnt detect that i couldnt continue...

matthughson    588
Quote:
Original post by piman
...Does anyone know where I can get some good royalty-free sounds effects & music?...

Try Flash Kit. They have a TON of free music loops and sound effects. Some of them come with little requirements (like e-mail the creator, to let him know what you're using it for), so just make sure you check that before using stuff.

Matt Hughson