Sign in to follow this  
Kincaid

Water Blending

Kincaid    100
Hello Iv'e got water which I draw as a grid. But when I project waves in it, they blend wrong at one side. I figure this is because of depthtesting, since my water is drawn one way out. I could solve this probably by draw from the outside in. But that isn't really a good solution if you ask me. Been experimenting with the depthtest settings, but no luck sofar. So how can I get rid of these ugly artifacts, will depthbuffering help, when applied correctly ?? Anyone ?? [Edited by - Kincaid on October 5, 2005 1:12:58 PM]

Kincaid    100
imagine an island in the middle of the ocean, and from every where there are waves coming at the island. If you'd look down from above it would look like perfect cirkels (the waves) that shrink (waves crash at beach).
The thing is, the water is drawn like a grid, so from left to right (per column).
So if you look to the right from the island you'd see waves, and behind that also waves (like you'd see all around). To the right the waves behind 'ealier' waves blend through funny (wrong depth angle?). To the left it's all right.