recommend a good book

Started by
1 comment, last by stake 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi, Could someone recommend a very basic, introductory book on computer organization and digital logic and stuff? I've read a LITTLE bit about combinational circuits, sequential circuits, logic gates, and basically how computers work digitally. But I still don't understand it well. The only background I have is some basic programming in Java, but nothing about how the language works, and how the computer processes instructions from the ground up (all the way down to the binary). These types of books are usually under "Computer Organization" or "Computer Architecture" or something, but I'm having trouble finding one that explains clearly. Anyone want to recommend such a book? Thanks so much.
Advertisement
We use this in my computer organization class.
Code by charles petzold is an ok book from the ground up. It starts off from the most basic and works its way up. Doesn't go into incredible depth, but might be good as a starter....after that book, I would probably recommend just getting a good textbook(of course textbooks will be more narrow in their coverage)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement