Sign in to follow this  
GameMasterXL

OpenGL compilation error?

GameMasterXL    100
Hi i am creating the first application from the book begining openGL Game Programming and have put the Glut32.dll in the system32 folder and the glut32.lib in the libs folder and glut.h in my include files gl folder. I tried to compile it using the free Borland C++ builder compiler and i got this error: C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin>bcc32 -v simple.cpp Borland C++ 5.5.1 for Win32 Copyright (c) 1993, 2000 Borland Simple.cpp: Warning W8057 Simple.cpp 84: Parameter 'state' is never used in function MouseHa ndler(int,int,int,int) Warning W8057 Simple.cpp 84: Parameter 'x' is never used in function MouseHandle r(int,int,int,int) Warning W8057 Simple.cpp 84: Parameter 'y' is never used in function MouseHandle r(int,int,int,int) Warning W8057 Simple.cpp 105: Parameter 'x' is never used in function KeyboardHa ndler(unsigned char,int,int) Warning W8057 Simple.cpp 105: Parameter 'y' is never used in function KeyboardHa ndler(unsigned char,int,int) This is error: Turbo Incremental Link 5.00 Copyright (c) 1997, 2000 Borland Error: 'C:\BORLAND\BCC55\LIB\GLUT32.LIB' contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21 (possibly COFF) C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin> I don't know what it is meaning and what i should do, can anyone help me on what this means? All help will be fully appreciated thanks.

GameMasterXL    100
How come that is happening since these are from the books CD?

Edit checked Google out couldn't a find a utility for it i am definatly stuck :(. If i could i would use visual C++ 2005 but i don't know how to set openGL up there and normal C++ so i can't use it.

Dave Hunt    4872
Quote:
Original post by GameMasterXL
How come that is happening since these are from the books CD?

That's because the libraries are meant for the Microsoft linker, not the Borland linker.

Quote:
Edit checked Google out couldn't a find a utility for it i am definatly stuck :(. If i could i would use visual C++ 2005 but i don't know how to set openGL up there and normal C++ so i can't use it.

coff2omf should be included in C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin.

GameMasterXL    100
I found that but then it decreases the file size rapidly which leads me to think that it is deleting function entries and then on compilation asks for loads of lib files that it normaly gets on other programs.

Kalasjniekof    246
Just skip this example. In the rest of the book glut won't be used. Besides, it doesn't cover any advanced stuff yet and everything in it will be explained in chapter 3.