Sign in to follow this  
Frisker

Collision detection

Hi, I'm planning to make a "good" pacman clone that can supports alot of dots, walls and ghosts. Well, I've been thinking of diffrent aproaches I can't spare everything in some huge array cause then I need to make it 640x480 which i think is way to large. Dividing it all into smaller array parts (tile something) but then i can't roam free with the seize of diffrent objects they must be dividable with some number. The AI part (shortest distance n stuff) i already figured out. Would be great if any1 could bring some light over this :)

Biggest question is, how are you doing the graphics for it?

Next biggest question is, what language are you doing it in?

Basically you can either make the game title based and store a big boolean table, or you can make a collision detection class, have it store a list a of walls, and give the walls top, left, height and width properties. There are other things you can do too, but if it is just simple pacman (4 direction movement only, 1 plane), either will work fine.

If you need more help just ask.

Well i'm doing in it VB.net GDI+. Well i tried to make a class with dots,walls,ghosts with boolean values. Took not so much memory as i suspected. and if u recommend it I feel quite secure. Thanks for your help :) BTW do you know any good free pacman sprites or sounds? O.o

[Edited by - Frisker on October 5, 2005 5:36:29 PM]