OMG OMG I cant open exe files

Started by
19 comments, last by dudedbz1 18 years, 6 months ago
I edited a registry in regedit.exe in the exe colum the default value cuz I thought it was a name... and it wasnt and now I cant open exe files OMG help please?
-----------------------------....::::DRAGON BALL Z::::....C<<"+"<<"+"; // Go C++ !!!-----------------------------
Advertisement
Hahahahaha.

Rename regedit.exe to regedit.com and run it. Old trick.
1. Bite yourself on the nose as a punishment for carelessly editing the registry.
2. Throw away your computer.
3. Buy a mac.
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
That is one more reason why you don't touch the registry unless you know what you are doing. That is also one more reason why Linux does not have a registry. :P Oh and how did you start your web browser if you can't open exe files :S
My JournalComputer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter. (Eric Raymond)"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes itharder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."-- Bjarne Stroustrup
This happened to my brother and he came to the solution of reformating his computer. Really sorry for not being any help [wink].

[EDIT] You could try running a registry fixer program of some kind.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
(browser )he probably already had it open.

that that is even an option cracks me up.

why would you change random values in the registry( im mean change them to be more random )?
Then how did you open a browser to type that message??? :P

Well, good luck.

(first link on google)
http://filext.com/info/showthread.php?t=12
cloakwww.theblackroom.ca
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Hahahahaha.

Rename regedit.exe to regedit.com and run it. Old trick.

I acctually had to use that trick to fix a virus on my friends PC - and no I didn't invent it, I googled it.
I think there's to much blood in my caffeine system.
Sorry for double-posting(quadrouple in my case). My IE doesnt refresh so I thought that for some reason the posts well didnt post. Sorry again. And uhhh... I remembered that theres a .com oslution to all this. And yes, I have no idea how I opended explorer.exe or IE.exe. Just did.
-----------------------------....::::DRAGON BALL Z::::....C<<"+"<<"+"; // Go C++ !!!-----------------------------
Quote:Original post by dudedbz1
And yes, I have no idea how I opended explorer.exe or IE.exe. Just did.

:/ And I was just going to remind everyone here that you may have access to more than 1 computer ...
:stylin: "Make games, not war.""...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement