• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Say

double buffer on the wireless

This topic is 4697 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i want to avoid flicker effect and implement double buffer for my wireless game, how? How do implement in the game loop?

Advertisement
Many devices already support double buffering. Check your target devices specifications.

Well, if they don't then implement it. :o)

Basically, you need an Image object (called, say, back_buffer) where your game canvas will draw each frame. Inside the canvas paint function everything must be drawn into that back_buffer. At the end of the paint function (when the current frame is ready) just display it onto the screen (g.drawImage(back_buffer)).

This will avoid flickering. And there's more than one way to do it.

thanks guy but if i want make a game version quite compatible with the more part of cellphones i need to implement the standard backbuffer also if someone of them just has it.
Is it right?

Ok first lets look at device capabilities:
Some don't have a HW double buffer.
Some do have a HW double buffer.
And on some a SW double buffer is void as there is simply not enough ram.(7210)

If you are looking at multiple device support, create your engine so you can easily switch between them.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!