VC++ 6.0 and SDL Issues ... Again --SOLVED--

Started by
1 comment, last by orcfan32 18 years, 6 months ago
Well, I'm having another problem with my VC++. When I want to do a SDL type project, I go to "Create new Win32 App", right? Well, I have ALL of my configurations correct. Multithreaded DLL, paths at the top of their lists, and SDL.h included in StdAfx.h. Now, it was working JUST FINE yesterday, but now I made a new project and I get this:
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib "MSVCRT" conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_UpperBlit
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_PollEvent
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_SetVideoMode
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_Init
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_Quit
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_Flip
MythRPG2.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _SDL_ShowCursor
MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16
Debug/MythRPG2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

Yet again, I'm stumped. I've even compared it to a project that does compiled, but I have no differences in configurations at all. [Edited by - orcfan32 on October 5, 2005 9:04:33 PM]
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit
Advertisement
Sounds suspiciously like you didn't add SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib to your linker input.
Oh.. .. ..linker input.. Ok, then, it's fixed. Sorry for sounding like a n00b. I'm kinda new to this VC++ stuff, but give it time..
The best thing to do is just choose whatever you think you'd prefer, and go for it. -Promit

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement