Sign in to follow this  
MARS_999

Sky issues between Nvidia/ATI using GLSL

I am not sure why but with my laptop which has a x700 and my desktop which has a 6800GT I get two completely different skys being rendered. The code base is the same... I am wondering if it's a driver issue?

Quote:
Original post by Ademan555
Screenshots? a totally different sky? is it procedurally generated? or what?

cheers
-Dan

yeah its procedurally generated, I don't have access to my desktop right now and am on my laptop.

Quote:
Original post by phantom
we're going to need ALOT more infomation than 'it looks different' if we are going to guess at whats up...

Yes yes, I know ;) so here are the links to some screenshots of ati and nvidia with the same code base

nvidia
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/6678/nvidiasky0pb.jpg

ati
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/9867/atisky6gb.jpg

When you're creating your clouds texture, which internal format are you specifying ? On ATI, if you do not explicitely ask for a 32 bits one, you get a 16 bits one. You should probably have:

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, w, h, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data)

Y.

Quote:
Original post by Ysaneya
When you're creating your clouds texture, which internal format are you specifying ? On ATI, if you do not explicitely ask for a 32 bits one, you get a 16 bits one. You should probably have:

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, w, h, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, data)

Y.

Sweet, it works. It was the RGBA8. Another example of ATI vs. Nvidia not having the same idea on how things should be done. Thanks Ysaneya