"More OpenGL Game Programming"

Started by
49 comments, last by LilBudyWizer 18 years, 5 months ago
This page has it listed as Nov 07, while this page has it listed as October 24. Not sure if either are right, but they both look like they could be the publisher's site.
Advertisement
Anyone have a link to the 1st book??? (a cover pic)
There's one in the books section here at gamedev.
I haven't seen any announcements for it yet, but it looks like the book is out now. It's at the top of the recent list in the books section. Or you can always click on this.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
As far as I'm aware, it was published on the 18th. I don't know however when you can expect to see it on amazon or in shops.
Quote:Original post by baldurk
As far as I'm aware, it was published on the 18th. I don't know however when you can expect to see it on amazon or in shops.

i ordered the book on amazon when this thread started and it said in my confirmation email that the expected date would be anywhere from December 7th - December 23rd. i hope this wont be the case.
heh
It's weird, if you go to http://glbook.gamedev.net/, it says that the book is out now. If you follow the link to amazon, it says it's not released.
-------------------------------See my tutorial site: Click here
Quote:Original post by aaroncox1234
It's weird, if you go to http://glbook.gamedev.net/, it says that the book is out now. If you follow the link to amazon, it says it's not released.

Amazon isn't exactly the most reliable source to whether or not something has been released. On one occassion they shipped me an item that they still haven't listed as released.
Hmm I just got a email from B&N saying I won't get a copy in store till Nov 11th?
I'm not sure what the release date really is at this point. From the beginning, the date was supposed to be October 18th, and we weren't late in delivering it, so that shouldn't have changed. I also talked to the publisher last week, and they confirmed that the date is still the 18th. But the book's listing on the publisher's website has now been changed from Nov 1 to Nov 7, so I'm not sure what's going on.

No matter what, as soon as I know that it's actually available, I'm going to post it in the news here, on OpenGL.org, in this forum, on NeHe, and I'll start running ads for it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement