SDK on Windows 2000

Started by
2 comments, last by jollyjeffers 18 years, 6 months ago
I'm bored and want to do some DX stuff at college. They use Windows 2000 though and I think the SDK isn't supported on this platform. Can you still install the SDK? Can you use the SDK with Dev C++? Thanks
Advertisement
From what I remember, as of the February SDK Windows 2000 was an "unsupported platform", and then in the April SDK it was actually blocked by the installer. If you try to run the setup program on an unsupported OS, it'll tell you this and stop you going any further [wink]

You could always (if you can find the files) install an earlier SDK (e.g. December 2004).

As for Dev C++, try this article on NeXe: DirectX Development Using DevCpp.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Hi.
Personally i'm developping D3D application under WIN2000 PRO
and i'm actually using the february 2005 update.
I don't know how about later updates, but with that one i don't have any problems.
Okay, well if I am correct then check the release notes for your release and you'll probably find a note to the effect that "Windows 2000 is no longer a supported operating system". It was a sort of warning message - "you can use this release, but don't expect future releases to be so friendly" [smile]

Again, assuming I'm correct - you've probably got the latest release of the SDK that you can.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement