Sign in to follow this  
tonymontana

DirectX Semi-Transparent panel

tonymontana    100
I have 3 questions.My aim is to make a semi transparent-colored panel(window).Panel can be colored with anyColor(D3DCOLOR) and it will show the things(maybe other windows..or writings..whatever..) under it..Just like a semi-transparent window.My Questions are for making that panel. first Question: how can i color an area (does LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9::ColorFill suit my aim? or there is something better) Second Quesiton: I want to make a transparent window.Will i use Alpha Blending for this?if so how? if iwill not use it? what will i use? Third Question: I want to write something on this panel.İs there a tutorial about that( i dont want to use a font based-on pictures.if there is an option for using system fonts as D3DXFONT i will use it...)

dave    2187
Well i would suggest create a texture and manually settings its colour. Do it on the main DirectX surface and save the surface to a file. You *could* use a shader to set the color, although that is overkill even if easy. You would also have to manually fill the alpha channel of the pixels as well and set the pixel value to between 0 and 1 to achive 0 to 100% transparency.

I've never tried this so it this is all i could come up with.

Hope it helps,

ace

tonymontana    100
is'nt there anywayt o color a texture and the make it transparent.?of any surface ..what is the related part for that in directx?
I wnat to color a surface and then make it transparent by programming..Come on there must be a way for that in directx...