Incomplete Aticle

Started by
5 comments, last by LessBread 18 years, 6 months ago
This Game Programming article http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/gpgenesis1/default.asp is imcomplete. I begin reading the Win32 introduction, and the author left much things, example: ShowWindow(); UpdateWindow(); .... Only reading this tutorial, i cant make a window. Iam worried about, the followings of this serie have the same problem. Because i have hoped learn DirectX in this article. Somebody can say me what is left in this first part, and in the followings?
---------------------------------My english is not good
Advertisement
the article is quite complete the authors intention way to describe the basics behind the code he posted and not to present a c&p code snippet

if you need to know more search for MSDN on google which is a in depth documentation about nearly everything C++ related except custom libraries

also check out nehe.gamedev.net for windows base code

the MSDN has some DX chapters as well i think

but all the functions you need to know are descibed in the MSDN which is a must for any win32 programmer
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
Quote:the authors intention way to describe the basics behind the code he posted

Where is this code?
The code is in the article. WinMain, CreateWindowEx, CALLBACK MsgHandler, PeekMessage, TranslateMessage, DispatchMessage, PostMessage, SendMessage, and a pseudo-code game loop.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
u.u
Then havent a code thats works?
Quote:Original post by LuFe
u.u
Then havent a code thats works?

If by 'works' you mean able copy-and-paste in one action, then no. But the code it does have can be combined into one WinMain function, yes.
:stylin: "Make games, not war.""...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
Keep reading the articles in the series so that you understand what's going on. There's a demo program listed in the contents of part 3: Tracking Your Window/Using GDI.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement