Mythreal

Started by
6 comments, last by M-Works 18 years, 6 months ago
A couple of friends and I are starting an RPG project using VisualBasic 6.0 Pro and Direct X. Right now we do not have a demo or screenshots up because we are still in the planning stage (but there is a summary). Visit our site at: http://www.stormpages.com/mythreal/index.html Thanks, Arsenight [Edited by - Arsenight on October 7, 2005 12:55:35 PM]
Advertisement
hmm, your site background is BMP...
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
That is bad why???

ARSENIGHT
This is bad because BMPs are ginormous. The image on your website is almost a megabyte, and there is absolutely no need for it to be that large. If you use a PNG or JPG, it will be an order of magnitude smaller.

The game sounds like a good idea, but almost all new games do. Your features page lists lots of things that sound fun, but you should make sure they're all things you can pull off. Post here again in a couple of months when you have something concrete to show off, and I'm sure you'll get a warm response and offers of help for your unfulfilled positions.

Also, I've never heard the phrase 'text trailer' before. I'd call it a synopsis, summary, or something else.

Best of luck.
Yeah,

I am planning to pull off this project, and if I dont soon, I will definately later. The whole game is a series of dreams I had when I was little, really little. And my dreams have always been in order and following a plot, so it is all good.

I might make a "mini"-game to geat the hang of the code I will be needing first though. And I am (going) to have a book on making RPG's with VisualBasic and Direct X. And this is the first game I have made with a team, so there is more urge to finish and not let them down. So I have a good pre-concrete.

The connecting to other peoples worlds will be a little difficult though, so that might be a patch or addition later.

Thanks,
ARSENIGHT
For the dear love of God, please covert your BMPs to JPGs. I do have a fast connection so it's not that much of a problem, but it's just taboo to do that for websites.
Sorry about that, I can't fix it untill tomorro.

ARSENIGHT
Just use paint and save it as a png and that way you will not loose color data.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement