Incorrect Application Configuration?

Started by
7 comments, last by misterPhyrePhox 18 years, 6 months ago
When a friend tries to run one of my programs on his computer, he gets a dialog saying "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem." Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it? I am using VS Express Edition Beta 2 as my compiler and IDE. I am compiling on Windows 2000, and my friends are using Windows XP.
Advertisement
Under your project's properties-> c++ -> code generation, try changing the runtime library to a non-DLL (like "multithreaded") and recompile.

It might also work if your friend gets the latest .Net runtimes.

I guess that message could be caused by a number of things, so I can't be sure these will work. Couldn't hurt to try, though.
Doesn't your code need .Net 2.0? I don't know if this has even been released yet outside of beta...
I haven't been able to hunt down any of my friends to do testing, but I think you both are right about requiring the .NET framework. I guess I'm going to change to a different compiler/IDE, one that doesn't need the user to install the .NET framework before running the compiled program.
Thanks alot, both of you!
You can compile programs that don't require .NET with VC++2005 beta. (Well, they at least don't require a beta version of .NET but I believe they don't require it at all.)
Quote:Original post by bjle
You can compile programs that don't require .NET with VC++2005 beta. (Well, they at least don't require a beta version of .NET but I believe they don't require it at all.)

That would be great! Could you explain how or provide me with a linkey?
First of all, you should start with an empty project or at least not a "Windows Forms" project. Then do what I suggested before: change project properties-> c++ -> code generation -> runtime librarty to "multithreaded" or "multithreaded debug."

When I do this, my friends, one of whom says he doesn't have .net and the other who has an early version can run the programs fine.
Quote:Original post by bjle
First of all, you should start with an empty project or at least not a "Windows Forms" project. Then do what I suggested before: change project properties-> c++ -> code generation -> runtime librarty to "multithreaded" or "multithreaded debug."

When I do this, my friends, one of whom says he doesn't have .net and the other who has an early version can run the programs fine.

I always do an empty project -- I hate all the skeleton code it spews at you otherwise. I'm using SDL, though, so if I set it just to regular "Multithreaded Debug," rather than "Multithreaded Debug DLL," I get a bunch of linking errors :(.
Bump! So does anyone know how to compile unmanaged code on VS 2005 EE Beta 2?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement