• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RidiculousX

LRESULT (*)(HWND__*, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM)'

This topic is 4790 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was following a tutorial on the Internet. I'm trying to make a window and set the callback function that handles the messages. Here's the error: Argument of type `(Plasma::CApplication::)(HWND__*, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM)' does not match `(*)(HWND__*, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM)' Here's the problemed code:
namespace Plasma
{
  class CApplication
  {
    bool CApplication::CreateDisplay( ... )
    {
      WNDCLASSEX wcex;
      wcex.lpfnWndProc = (WNDPROC)CApplication::StaticWndProc;
    }

// I don't really understand why there is a StaticWndProc and a WndProc
    LRESULT CALLBACK CApplication::StaticWndProc( HWND hWnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam )
    {
    }

// Here is WndProc. They both take the same arguements
    LRESULT CALLBACK CApplication::WndProc( HWND hWnd, UINT msg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam )
    {
    }

}; // End Class CApplication
}  // Close Namespace Plamsa
This is the only roadblock error that I'm getting. And I have no idea what's causing it.

Advertisement
You can't assign a member function to a standard function pointer. You probably left off the static for your StaticWndProc() function definiton.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!