Sign in to follow this  
Manna

Novodex, directX and X files

Hi all, I'm loading meshes into my game using .x files (in directx 9 or higher) which gives me a directx mesh to work with. I then have to associate this mesh with a trimesh in Novodex and am having heaps of trouble doing this. There is SOMETHING solid being created in the world because other objects bounce off of it, albeit at odd angles and it doesn't match up with the size and shape of the mesh which is drawn. I'm hoping there's someone who's done this before and can give me a better idea how to go about it...any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Actually now I come to think about it, I have a similar problem which I need help with in an alternative physics engine, ODE. again I'm trying to load trimeshes but it's just not happening. I get a continual message every frame from ODE saying "error message 2: vector of zero size" or something similar. I dont get it for any other geometry, they all work fine so its something about the way I'm declaring the trimesh. The index array and vector array are both defined and valid and I cant think of any other vectors which are unique to the trimesh. Anyone had this problem?

I dont know who put me in the midst of coding this physics stuff, its obviously not my forte, eh? I'm a graphics coder by nature...ah well, help me and maybe next time they do this to me I'll recommend you!

thanks again