Sign in to follow this  
BloodLust666

DX9 lib

BloodLust666    104
i'm compiling a program and i have directX files linked to it (cuz i'm using dx9 of course) but i'm sending it to a friend and it won't run, he says he just downloaded the new dx9.0c and the update but it can't find the lib files

Mushu    1396
Is he compiling it or running it?

If he's trying to compile it he needs to make sure that he's set the linker to search in the directory where the libs are stored, and that its actually attempting to link them. This assumes that he downloaded the SDK, not the runtime version, since the SDK is the one with the libs.

If he's just trying to run it (and not compile it) then he doesn't even need the libs. libs are for linking, dlls are the runtimes.

Mushu    1396
Well if he installed the runtimes there's no reason that it shouldn't be running. I have a feeling that he downloaded them but didn't install.

Which wouldn't make sense, because they come packaged with Windows anyway :/

Captain Logic    121
You need to include the D3DX dll for the version of DX9 that you used to create your app, eg d3dx9_27.dll for the Aug '05 release. Do a search on this forum for more info.

If you can get an earlier version of the DX9 SDK from before Feb '05 then the lib is statically compiled and you don't need to distribute it.