• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

KPL (lol)

This topic is 4524 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Lol, look at what I found, a Kids Programming Language. Personally, I think my son (If I had one) would be better off learning something more standard like python, heck even C++. I dont know if with this they tried to make it seem easier, all I can see is no more semicolons and braces, check it out: http://www.ms-inc.net/kpl.aspx . I dont know, I still think my son would be better off with another language. EDIT: Woops, wrong place to post in, sorry, can you move it to the lounge, moderator. Thanks.

Advertisement
If I wanted to show kids how to program, I would probably go with Stephane Ducasse's BotsInc, which is built on top of Squeak. It's a very nice and simple system, with a logo feel. You can use the system in three ways: sending message directly to the robot, writing little scripts or using a browser (more like real programming). You should try it out, it's very nice.

For kids a little older, teenagers, I am more hesitant about what language I would use. Teenagers typically don't want too much theory, more practical stuff. In that regard, I would maybe go with something like Python or Ruby and showing them how to write applications to fetch information on the net (after a proper introduction to the important concepts). However, I sometimes wonder if they won't get bogged down my (unimportant) syntactical issues.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement