.EXE / MFC

Started by
1 comment, last by THACO 18 years, 6 months ago
I just created some MFC apps for the first time to take place of my small console applications. I used the wizard and well for the exe it leaves me with TODO <File Description> and TODO <Company Name>. How do I change those in Visual Studio .Net 2003 Also on a seperate note, I would have used C#, but my apps do lots of reading and writing from and to binary files. They also use my own structs to hold the info. from what I read online C# sucks at binary files especially when it comes to using arbitrary structures. I tried the whole thing with marshal and then something about a GC handle to pin the data so garbage collection doesn't take it but that kept giving me runtime errors so I just went to MFC which went really smoothly. Of course these are small apps. So if anyone has any pointers on binary files with C# then feel free to post there here also. Thanks -THACO
Advertisement
I take it you're talking about the version info. They're part of the resources. Open the resource view in the solution explorer and open the version folder.

Double click to edit its entries.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Thanks, yea that did it. I did a search and found out they were in the resources but had no idea where or which one. I acually checked the version, but only clicked once to get the properties, not double click to bring it up in the solution explorer. So thanks a lot that did it.

-THACO

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement