Transform Vector from Right to Left Handed

Started by
1 comment, last by Raeldor 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I have a model, and I am transforming the vertices from right to left handed by negative the 'Z' axis. This seems to work fine. Can I do the same for the normals? Does negative the 'Z' of the vector change it from left to right the same as it does for a point? Thanks
Advertisement
if all you need to do to convert between one and the other is negate the z axis then the same should be true for normals. if it's not looking right then perhaps you're not converting the points right. often stuff can look right but be wrong. can you draw a pic of the axis you're transfroming from and to?
Quote:Original post by timw
if all you need to do to convert between one and the other is negate the z axis then the same should be true for normals. if it's not looking right then perhaps you're not converting the points right. often stuff can look right but be wrong. can you draw a pic of the axis you're transfroming from and to?

Thanks, you were right. It was down to a problem of the way max handles local and world co-ordinates. Ack, they sure don't make it easy!

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement