My first commercial title has screens of ingame play: Open Portal

Started by
5 comments, last by M-Works 18 years, 6 months ago
I have been working for a month on the game engine, a month for the editor, and two months for planning and basic graphics and I finally have ingame screens of Open Portal: The Doom. The game is an interactive FPS with many dark rooms and it will scare you. It even scares me when I play. This game has so far four guns with all bullets having particle effects, two enemies, amazing level design, lighting effects, flashlights, zoom, sound effects, and more! I am also making the game in French, English, and Spanish. I hope that you like the screens. They are located at http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=350117. That will give you more information. The french version almost has a demo done, and I will be requesting for some modelers for a few enemies, and that is it. I have all the modeling done except for that. Tell me what you think! M-Works
Advertisement
Any bites? The game is going along really smoothly, and you can view the pic in the image of the day forum.
Link dosnt work, why not just post the pics in this thread.
Link works now. The image of the day stuff has to be approved, and mine just got approved.
Cant see a lot so hard to comment. I mean three of those shots you might as well have not bothered with as you cant see anything.
I know, I am going to upload some better screenies. Also, demo today or tomorrow.
Good news! The demo in french is uploaded! Okay, first off I will give you some controls:

CONTROLS:

Arrow Keys: move forward, back, and strafe (soon will be quake wasd)
Mouse: Rotate camera
1, 2, 3, 4: Change gun
lmb: shoot
rmb: open/activate
click middle mouse button: zoom

That is about it for controls right now. I have gun movement implemented, and I will hope to be getting some other factors into the game soon. I have 6 levels, cutscene, 2 enemies, and 4 guns so far in the game. The enemy AI is not great, but I will be improving it. I am doing all the work so far, and I will be making a new level editor which will take from 2 weeks to a month to complete. I will also be changing the glow effects. Thanks for the comments. The file is uploaded to: http://rapidshare.de/files/6113622/open_portal_doom.zip.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement