Sign in to follow this  
johnnyBravo

Installing new DxSdk Oct causes lots of warnings now..?

johnnyBravo    100
Hi, I just install the DxSdk October version, from having the april one, and now I get losts of warnings. eg:
Quote:
c:\program files\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (october 2005)\include\strsafe.h(5595) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(315) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf' c:\program files\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (october 2005)\include\strsafe.h(5635) : warning C4996: '_vsnwprintf' was declared deprecated c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(420) : see declaration of '_vsnwprintf' c:\program files\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (october 2005)\include\strsafe.h(5719) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(315) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf' c:\program files\microsoft directx 9.0 sdk (october 2005)\include\strsafe.h(5871) : warning C4996: '_vsnwprintf' was declared deprecated c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(420) : see declaration of '_vsnwprintf'
I am using these dx libs: dsound.lib d3d9.lib d3dx9.lib dxerr9.lib dinput8.lib dxguid.lib and these dx headers: #include <dinput.h> #include <dxerr9.h> #include <d3d9.h> #include <d3dx9math.h> #include <dsound.h> #include <dshow.h> Any ideas on why I am now getting all these warnings? Thanks

Drew_Benton    1861
If you are using a Visual Studio Express 2005 product, then this seems normal, because that compiler with it is more updated than VS2003 and previous versions. I have not, though, installed this SDK, but have had thos warnings in that compiler before.