IntelliSense broken with October DX SDK?

Started by
8 comments, last by circlesoft 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi. I'm still using Visual C++ 6.0 (still the best imo), I've just installed the latest October DirectX SDK and for some reason IntelliSense seems to not work with ANYTHING from DirectX. Has anyone else got this problem? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
works fine with vs2005 (and vs2003 i guess). btw: vs6 is StiNKy
Microsoft DirectX MVP. My Blog: abi.exdream.com
I downloaded the 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 and couldn't figure out how in the hell you used it, so stuck with 6.0. I'm assuming since it's free it was a severely cut down version?
It's free because its a BETA, ie - not the full software yet. Also, you have to activate it or something after 30 days, iirc
Ollie"It is better to ask some of the questions than to know all the answers." ~ James Thurber[ mdxinfo | An iridescent tentacle | Game design patterns ]
Ah thank you. Explains why I couldn't do squat with it... I thought it was a fully functional beta.
DX is no longer compatible supported with VC++ 6.0. The last compatible version of DX came out last year.

[Edited by - JohnBolton on October 9, 2005 12:10:29 PM]
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Quote!!

DX is no longer compatible with VC++ 6.0. The last compatible version of DX came out last year. ~John Bolton

Im programming with VC++6 and Directx9 works fine for me!!!!!
He should have said it's not supported. You might get it to work, but there are certain things which aren't designed to work specifically with VC6
Quote:Original post by acid2
It's free because its a BETA, ie - not the full software yet. Also, you have to activate it or something after 30 days, iirc

It is fully functional, and you do not need to activate it after 30 days. It will run out when the full version is available for purchase. It is however indeed a BETA which means there are bugs in there.
Quote:Original post by StiNKy
I'm assuming since it's free it was a severely cut down version?

The beta was free...IIRC the production version will cost about $50-$75. For single developer projects, it has all of the stuff you really need. The more expensive versions of Visual Studio really aim towards project management, as well some more enterprise-based applications. If you are just doing D3D stuff, it should be all you need.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement