HLSL Effect Render States

Started by
2 comments, last by janoside 18 years, 6 months ago
I have a good understanding of HLSL and of the DX Effects framework, but I don't fully understand how the two interact. I have written several shaders (and have seen numerous examples online) that look something like this: technique T1 { pass P1 { CullMode = None; MultiSampleAntiAlias = false; AlphaBlendEnable = true; SrcBlend = SrcAlpha; DestBlend = InvSrcAlpha; VertexShader = compile vs_1_1 vs(); PixelShader = compile ps_1_1 ps(); } } Which sets several render-state values for the pass P1 (culling mode, whether anti aliasing is enabled, and alpha-blending states). So concerning this shader, I understand that the Effects framework interprets my render state values, but I cannot for the life of me find a reference anywhere online that says all of the possible render-state values that I have implicit access to in my shaders. If anyone knows of such a reference I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance, janoside
-janoside [Firestorm Engine]
Advertisement
i'de like to know this also
You have access to most if not all of them.

Look in the DirectX documentation...
It’s all under "Effect States"

DirectX Graphics -> Reference -> Effect Reference -> Effect Format -> Effect States

That’s where it is in the August doc anyway.
Thanks scythen.

My problem was that I was using the managed documentation which seems to not have the same information (thanks MS). If you can't find it vidalsasson it is in the file "directx9_c.chm" in the "Documentation" folder of the SDK. Go to the "Search" tab and enter "effect state", it should be the second item.
-janoside [Firestorm Engine]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement