• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Starting out quick help

This topic is 4514 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying out the "Beginning OpenGL Game Programming" book. I'v read it through once before starting anything. Now that I have started I get the following error. --------------------Configuration: NaturalResponse - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... LIBCD.lib(crt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _main Debug/NaturalResponse.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. NaturalResponse.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) I think the proper links have been made to the needed files because I can compile the examples are run them just fine. I also tried copying the example from chapter 2 word for word and file for file, and I get this error as well. Any help would be encouraging!

Advertisement
What compiler are you using ?

It can't find the entry point (main).

Usually this happens when you set the compiler to look for int WINAPI WinMain(..) and only provide int main(int, char**) or vice-versa.

This error usually occurs when you use the wrong project type within your IDE. In this case it seems that you selected "Win32 Console Application", when you should've chosen "Win32 Application".

To change the project type go to Project->Settings and click on the Link tab. In the edit control look for the /subsystem switch and change it to /subsystem:windows.

Hope I helped.

That did definatly help, but now there is a new problem.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement