• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
sakana321

Nurbs modeller

This topic is 4665 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Are there any free nurbs modeller out there? I need program that can export in nurbs (i mean controll point and knot vector). I spend a day to export nurbs object from blender without success. Any help would be highly appriciate.

Advertisement
Well, since you ALREADY own blender I wont suggest it (cough)

I dont believe that there are any programs (free) that support nurbs. What are you doing with NURBS, just wondering.

sorry, good luck

-slowpid

Yes Blender support nurbs modeling. But I cant export it. Python script only support to get control point from it but not weight nor knot vector. Or am I wrong? If any one know how to export nurbs model as nurbs parameter i would very very appriciate.

PS. I want nurbs model because i try to convert nurbs model to polygon within my program. Because i want my model to have poly count according to computer speed and distance of viewer. Ie. Higher computer speed my program run on more detail my model is.

One more PS. I can't use subdivision surface. Long reason. ^^"

Rhino 3D has a thirty day trial that you can play around with. From experience I think that Rhino has some of the most powerful NURBS tools available, but I mostly use polys now for game modeling so I haven't used it in quite a while.
Maya's NURBS aren't quite as nice as Rhino's in many respects, but the general UI and workflow of Maya makes them easier to work with.

I've never used Blender so I don't know how its NURBS compare.

I'm going to second the mentioning of Rhino3D. It costs a few bucks, but it is a delight to work with and does indeed come with a 30 day free trial without limited features.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!