• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Texture blurring without mip mapping

This topic is 4515 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been wondering if how to blurr out a texture without useing mip mapping, in real time. My goal is to test out a color bleeding idea but i am not sure where to start.

Advertisement
Render the texture(or the scene) to a small texture and then stretch the small texture to fill te screen.

maybe this will help:
http://nehe.gamedev.net/data/lessons/lesson.asp?lesson=36

You'll get a better quality blur if instead you render it multiple times to another texture (or screen, and copy to texture), but jittered and suitably chosen intensities/weights. All the methods of bluring in a fragment shader can be applied with multitexturing and multiple passes, it just takes some more careful state setup.

Is this posible in a vertex shader? currently (for a few mroe weeks anyway) I will be only usign a card with vertex shaders which has n suport for pixle shaders. also any tutorials over how to do this in a shader? (i also would liek to know if there are any render to texture vertex shader tutorals around. I'm using effect edit)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement