• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ced1

Help With Visual C++ Express Beta 2

This topic is 4693 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

For some reason I cant add include/lib directories to VC++ Express, I go to Tools->Options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories and I see this: Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Thats all, what dumb thing am I missing.

Advertisement
I dont get why that would happen, its a simple config operation,
why would it break ='(

Here's help, specifically:
Quote:
For Beta 2, you cannot set the Visual C++ Directories in the Options dialog of Visual C++ Express Edition. To work around this issue, you can update the Visual C++ Directories by modifying the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file located in the \vc\vcpackages subdirectory of the Visual C++ Express Edition install location. Please make sure that you also delete the file "vccomponents.dat" located in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" if it exists before restarting Visual C++ Express Edition.

Yeah, they haven't implemented that yet.

There are two solutions to this:
  1. Go through all the config crap and add them in manually. If you want to do this look it up, just be warned its a huge pain-in-the-ass.
  2. Take your headers/libs and dump 'em into the default directories. Whee! <-- recommended solution

It may seem like a stupid thing to do, but you have to do one or the other. Beyond that, Beta 2 is awesomeness. (I've got the Win32SDK, DXSDK, SDLSDK and more dumped into the default directories lol!)

Haha, thanks, I dont know why MS doesn't mention that, I was installing the Platform SDK following the instructions from the help. Thanks though I wouldn't have guessed that :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!