• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

SDL (or anything) file browser for open/save?

This topic is 4574 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been trying to find a way to add a file browser to save and open files in a program I'm writting. I've been searching all over and I can't find a way to do it. My program uses SDL, so using that would be optimal, but I'm open to anything right now. I tried setting up some Windows native stuff (though cross platform would be best), and no luck in DevC++. Anyone know of some way to set this up without have write the whole thing myself?

Advertisement
Are you not able to use the equivalent of OpenFileDialog in unmanaged C++?

Hmm, after some more looking, I'm not sure what that equivalent would be.

[Edited by - Daniel Miller on October 10, 2005 6:45:05 PM]

That's because there isn't any, really. You might be able to make some windows calls or something to call up a dialog, but that really goes by the whole purpose of using SDL in the first place (crossplatform).

My guess is somebody must have implemented something like it for use with SDL, so Google! :)

First hit googling for SDL gui:
http://www.alhem.net/project/gui/

Quote:
Original post by Horizon
That's because there isn't any, really. You might be able to make some windows calls or something to call up a dialog, but that really goes by the whole purpose of using SDL in the first place (crossplatform).

My guess is somebody must have implemented something like it for use with SDL, so Google! :)

First hit googling for SDL gui:
http://www.alhem.net/project/gui/

Actually, I would perfer if I could embed it in my program rather than opening a dialog anyway, but I am suprised that no has documented creating a file browser with SDL. Anyway, from doing a bit more research is seems like ParaGUI would give a pretty quick way of building one. The more I think about it, I will probably just avoid a complete browser and force everything to one directory and just list the appropriate files. Should save me precious time anyway.

Does anyone have an experience putting this together or can suggest a different GUI system to use? I guess now I just need textboxes and scrolling windows.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement