Which Export Format??

Started by
2 comments, last by Twinsen2 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi all, I am just starting out on a game and am using an engine called. Irrlicht, I dont know if any one has used it before. It is relatively easy to use so i would like to continue to use it. The problem is I am not sure what export format we should be using, it can handle md2, obj, ms3d, my3d, x. I have been programming with the md2 format and it is easy to use, but i am not sure of its modelling/animation restrictions. And if md2 is a format that is a balance between creativity and proggramming, how do i go about labelling each animation. Jump, run, idle die etc... Much thanx
Advertisement
I heard of that engine :) . I've only used .x files, so I'm afraid I cannot say it is better or worse(in another engine). Far as I know .x is not limited in that engine. I never heard of md2 having limitations as well. Sorry I cannot help I'm mostly on the art side of games. Hope this helps a little bit.
thanks any other ideas out there ppl?
Personally i would be heading to more the x file format as it is widely supported and the x file itself stores all of the advanced stuff like bone kinmatics and also preservers the true verticie coorinates from your model so collision detecton is alot easier and alot more precise.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement