• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Ketchaval

Emotional Shock?

This topic is 4757 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What if the screen went into black & white / sepia when a character is traumatised by seeing something terrible (ie. their friend-characters dying), the screen could also go a bit blurry to represent disorientation like the shell-shock in MOH: Rising Sun. I'm thinking this could be a neat way to represent trauma / shock / depression.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
And exactly how long until the novelty effect wears off and it becomes just another boring thing?

I'd rather keep the colors the same (possibly make it sin city-style; black, white and red) and use the fact that it is 3d. The only game that uses this right now, as far as I know, is Prince of Persia. If you choke someone, the camera isn't fixed behind the head - it's constantly moving. It adds a great amount of effect. That, combined with flashing pictures (again possibly black, white and red) and you've got an *awesome* death effect.

Well on one side it might work. On another side, the anonymous poster in right into that if that detail is remembered by players, it will be copied and repeated. Maybe you should try to add more small details that are hard to copy so the concept remains as unique as posible.

Tought I'm pretty sure that a bunch of games already have done it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!