Emotional Shock?

Started by
3 comments, last by Coz 18 years, 6 months ago
What if the screen went into black & white / sepia when a character is traumatised by seeing something terrible (ie. their friend-characters dying), the screen could also go a bit blurry to represent disorientation like the shell-shock in MOH: Rising Sun. I'm thinking this could be a neat way to represent trauma / shock / depression.
Advertisement
I am guessing that you have recently watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.
And exactly how long until the novelty effect wears off and it becomes just another boring thing?
I'd rather keep the colors the same (possibly make it sin city-style; black, white and red) and use the fact that it is 3d. The only game that uses this right now, as far as I know, is Prince of Persia. If you choke someone, the camera isn't fixed behind the head - it's constantly moving. It adds a great amount of effect. That, combined with flashing pictures (again possibly black, white and red) and you've got an *awesome* death effect.
The thin ninja strikes.All hail the night.Beware the [html=http://djparley.blogspot.com"]blogger[/html].
Well on one side it might work. On another side, the anonymous poster in right into that if that detail is remembered by players, it will be copied and repeated. Maybe you should try to add more small details that are hard to copy so the concept remains as unique as posible.

Tought I'm pretty sure that a bunch of games already have done it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement