Getting DX9 to work with MinGW/DevC++

Started by
2 comments, last by owiley 18 years, 6 months ago
Im having trouble getting DX to work with MinGW. I checked out NeXe and followed its directions (though they are for 8 I believe) and tryed to convert the lib files to a, but REIMP just says: no such file. Could someone plz tell me how to get it to work or give me a link or something? Thanks in advance
DONT LET THEM DISCRIMINATE! BRING BACK THE BLACK!
Advertisement
Are you sure you've navigated to the "Lib\x86" folder in the SDK? I have the August SDK, and I can use reimp on the libs just fine. So most probably you just navigated to the "Lib" folder (which no longer holds the libraries, since now there are x86 and x64 versions).

If you're using Dev-C++ there are a couple of Devpacks for DX9. They walk pretty well.
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
yeah and the newer version of dev c++ have the lib already but missing header files just use the officialy directx headers and u should be good. i did this when i was recompiling the irrlitch engine yes the engine is nice but i wanted something more so i'm using orge but having problems with it but that will change once i find out what is going on
Bring more Pain

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement