• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Particle system-dust

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello; Im trying to get a good particle system for a rally game (not ligting/shading on particles), where the tires have to emit a lot of dust/sand...but im having problems to configure it...sometimes i get very bright particles (when using GL_ONE, since its additive) and sometimes bleck-bordered ones....how do i mix a blend mode + RGBA texture + RGBA color(from terrain color) to get a nice result? Thanks!

Advertisement
I would think your best bet is just to use a cloud puff looking texture or two and just set the alpha value to around 10-25% then just layer the suckers up. Alpha blending should be all you really need. Minor values will let the backgound show through , yet be able to get dense once enough layers are added.

I guess that leaves some color matching issues for you most likly(if you have more than one color of dirt.) Best bet there I guess is to make the puff grey and color it depending on the surface you are on. How difficult that would be probably depends on your engine you got there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement