• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C/C++/Allegro and PNG-images? howto?

This topic is 4576 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm kinda new to C/C++/Allegro (library of choice), but I really need to know how to load and display PNG-images (as one would a .bmp-image)... What do I need and how do I use it? Would really love some sample-code! Basically just howto display a .png-image and make use of the transparent channel baked in PNG-images... like for instance this one: http://images.linux.com/babytux.png (first one on google image-search :P) Help me! please! :D

Advertisement
Mmm... found that too earlier, but I didn't and still don't understand the howto/usage-file... and what exactly do I do with the files? guessing they're library-files i need to link to in order to use?

Yes. You need to link your program with three libraries for it to work -- Allegro (alleg), LibPNG (png), and loadpng. You then need to include the loadpng header along with the allegro header.

ok, but I assume you are experienced enough with C to understand the howto/usage-file...

What would for instance be the line to load and display an image called test.png with the transparency as it is?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement