• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

simple CreateDevice problem

This topic is 4483 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello! I have what I hope to be a small and simple problem: Each of my calls to CreateDevice() makes an error while debugging: Direct3D9: (INFO) :Failed to create driver indexbuffer Thats my call: pD3D->CreateDevice( D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, hWnd, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &d3dpp, &pD3DDevice ) Thats my d3dpp: D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS d3dpp= { width, height, D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, 1, D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONMASKABLE, (D3DMULTISAMPLE_TYPE)(QualityLevel-1), D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD, hWnd, !bFullscreen, TRUE, D3DFMT_D24S8, 0, D3DPRESENT_RATE_DEFAULT, D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT }; Thats my system: System: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2CPUs), ~3.00GHz Microsoft windows XP home edition 512MB RAM ATI RADEON 9200 DirectX 9.0c(DXSDK august 2005) Now this isn't a real problem because everything works really fine but I'm still annoyed by it. Thanks

Advertisement
Don't worry, this isn't a problem with your app. All it means is that your graphics card doesn't support index buffers in graphics card memory. I have yet to see a graphics card/driver set that doesn't yield this message - perhaps the newer ATI's and NV's do, though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement