• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

identify the resources within the resource DLL file

This topic is 4575 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a resource DLL. A resource DLL is a file which contains all kinds of resources such as wave or bmp. I get the file from the educational software CD which is "Reader Rabbit's Math Age 6-9". The file size is 475,648 bytes. You can download this file at (no virus): http://www.codeguru.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12482 The file is zipped. First unzip it. Then you will get a file which is pop.dll. Then you can use Visual C++ .Net or other tools to open it. When you open the file with Visual C++, you may see warning messages which are "A resource of this type already exist with the same idenifier, language, and condition values." Just kep click OK button until no more warning messages. Visual C++ will partition this DLL file into three parts. Two parts are obvious. They are "TEXT" and "WAVE". But the other part is "ASEQ". And within "ASEQ", there are many sub-parts. I guess that each sub-part is a multimedia resource. All of them should have same type. But I have no idea what type of resources they are. Can you tell me what type of resource they are? Thanks.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement