Image resampling and resizing

Started by
33 comments, last by phase_v 18 years, 6 months ago
Hmmm, I don't think so. I believe that j already accounts for the rgba because of it's relation to x and i. i is the index value which is multiplied by 4. Correct me if I'm wrong, however when I implement this I get overflows and if I check against them only the bottom row of the image is drawn and things in that row aren't correct either. Any other ideas?
Progress does not consist in replacing a theory that is wrong with one that is right. It consists in replacing a theory that is wrong with one that is more subtly wrong.- Hawkins' Theory of Progress
Advertisement
Source is a char*.

Each pixel is 4 bytes wide. Therefore pixel 0 is at index 0, pixel 1 is at index 4, pixel 2 at index 8, etc. Therefore when you index individual pixels in your source image they should be 4 bytes apart. You increment j by one each loop, not 4.

You have another problem which I've also hinted at earlier. On the left hand side, x is 0. When you add subtract your radius from this (in yout inner loop) you get -2.

Really, the outer 2 (or radius) pixels are undefined. You need a way of dealing with this.
Oops. My bad, I was 1/2 right anyway.

for(int j = - radius; j < radius; j++) {    sr += source[(j*4)+x] * f.compute(x-j);    sg += source[(j*4)+x+1] * f.compute(x-j);    sb += source[(j*4)+x+2] * f.compute(x-j);    sa += source[(j*4)+x+3] * f.compute(x-j);}
What I meant was:
	i = index(col,row,newWidth);	int x = x0 + i * deltaX;

The first line calculates the index, the second scales the index. This is wrong. What you want is to first scale the col, then calculate the index:
	newIndex = index(col,row,newWidth);	oldIndex = index(col * deltaX,row,oldWidth)	int x = x0 + oldIndex;
___________________________Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
Ok, I edited my loops so it now looks like this:

for(int row = 0; row < height; row++) {		for(int col = 0; col < newWidth; col++) {			float sr = 0,sg = 0,sb = 0,sa = 0;			i = index(col,row,newWidth);			int x = x0 + i * deltaX;			for(int j = x - radius; j < x+radius; j++) {				if((j*4)>0 && (j*4)+3 < oldWidth * height * 4) {					sr += source[(int)(j*4)] * f.compute(x-j);					sg += source[(int)(j*4)+1] * (float)f.compute(x-j);					sb += source[(int)(j*4)+2] * (float)f.compute(x-j);					sa += source[(int)(j*4)+3] * (float)f.compute(x-j);				}			}			result = (int)sr;			result[i+1] = (int)sg;			result[i+2] = (int)sb;			result[i+3] = (int)sa;		}	}

My result is this. The colors are right, but my scaling is odd to say the least. Actually, I guess I do have a scaled x,y image in there...
Progress does not consist in replacing a theory that is wrong with one that is right. It consists in replacing a theory that is wrong with one that is more subtly wrong.- Hawkins' Theory of Progress
btw I'm playing major catch up with your posts
Have you seen my last post? (next to last on page 1)
I think it explains why your image is scaled in y.
___________________________Buggrit, millennium hand and shrimp!
Yeah I just changed that, but it still seems to be scaling in y. I need to work with it a little more though as I'm probably screwing something up. Check back in like 5 or 10 minutes.
HA HA finally it is working (almost) perfectly. Changing the scaling stuff worked. I still get some odd colors at selected scales (like 33%), but i think this has to do with my radius choice. I'll play with it a little more. Once I have it working I'll post my code. You two (i'm assuming anonymous poster has been one consistent individual) are life savers.
So, Nick; how's University of Wisconsin-Madison treating you so far?

You might be interested in this snippet from the forum FAQ:
- you shouldn't ask for homework help.

Have a nice day.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement