• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Halsafar

Linux dumps hwclock error messages

This topic is 4788 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Still trying to persuade Linux into NOT changing the clock on the BIOS everytime it boots... cuz windows will attempt to change it when it boots ahead 6 hours... I want Linux to STOP writing to the hardware clock... Linux will update its time via NTP as it is already... I found some instructions online on how to achieve this but it tells me to edit some stuff and manipulate it via a command 'hwclock' -- now NOWHERE on my comp does hwclock appear. Before I read all this I noticed occasionally on shutdown the output of the shutdown process would dump tons of debug info as if it where having a subtle error... So I finally read this info. It is crashing hard being unable to manipulate hwclock... Prolly cause it doesn't exist. Which makes me think, how on earth is linux writing to the hardware clock without a hwclock... This has been going on for quite sometime, but I never bothered to read it since the machine still shuts down fine.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!