• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

shareware and commercial, the difference

This topic is 4604 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Shareware is software that the producer lets you try for free, usually for a specific period of time. Commercial software as distinguished from shareware is software that you must pay upfront for before using.

hmmm...
I’m asking because I see sometimes a shareware licence and a commercial licence for a SDK.
For example bass.
I want to know who should buy the shareware licence and who should buy the commercial licence.

Quote:
Original post by Kambiz
I’m asking because I see sometimes a shareware licence and a commercial licence for a SDK.
For example bass.
I want to know who should buy the shareware licence and who should buy the commercial licence.

Read the license, it should tell you.

If in doubt, write the SDK creators and ask them.

If still in doubt, you should probably pay to be on the safe side.

A shareware SDK license is probably just for trial use. In other words, if you decide to use it, pay up. If you don't pay up, the license expires after so many months.

frob.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!