slow scene renderring!

Started by
0 comments, last by frob 18 years, 6 months ago
i have a 3D test application renderring a scene with a model as a house ( x file format, 8M, 22000 vertex, 3 texture((28KB, 20KB , 42KB)....)and frame rate set at 10 fps.=> The performance is pretty bad that it took 50 % CPU process usage. so, my question is if it is because of the number of vertices is too big or the technique i use to render is not properly.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by bioM
i have a 3D test application renderring a scene with a model as a house ( x file format, 8M, 22000 vertex, 3 texture((28KB, 20KB , 42KB)....)and frame rate set at 10 fps.=> The performance is pretty bad that it took 50 % CPU process usage.
so, my question is if it is because of the number of vertices is too big or the technique i use to render is not properly.

I'm concerned about the "8M" you mentioned. Is that the size of the .X file? The rest of it should fit nicely on a card and take about 0% of the CPU. You probably are doing something you shouldn't like sending the data to the card every frame.

Oh, and I can make a decent house in about 30 verteces. Your house sounds about as detailed as many game levels. [grin]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement