'You do not have permission to ...'

Started by
11 comments, last by ukdeveloper 18 years, 5 months ago
I keep getting these weird permission denied errors when trying to reply to posts. First it will say I'm not logged in (when I just was) and ask for my info, then it lets me to the screen to prepare a reply, but when I click the button it gives me a permission error. If I then log in and try again, I'll get a permission denied error and it won't send me to the reply preparation screen and I'll be logged out. I tried posting in several different threads, and a few worked, but most of the time I get various permission errors. This thread gives me problems every time I try to reply.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Advertisement
Did you try nuking your cookies?
Yeah, several times closed all IE instances, cleared cookies, cleared temp net files, and history. Didn't help =-/
I've actually had this problem today a couple of times, using firefox. Just a couple of times though, didn't cause too much of a hassle.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Ya, I have the same problem too.... what a bummer [sad].
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
This thread gives me problems every time I try to reply.

It seems to be deleted, that might be the problem.
Quote:Original post by Roboguy
Quote:Original post by Extrarius
This thread gives me problems every time I try to reply.

It seems to be deleted, that might be the problem.
It is now, but it wasn't the only thread to give me the problem and at the time of this posting it was still listed in the lounge and appeared to be an active topic.
Witchcraven also reports that he is having this problem.

Edit: It might be a Lounge-only problem. I don't know.

[Edited by - Ravuya on October 19, 2005 10:19:06 PM]
Testing to see If I can post.

[Edit] I can; woot!

I was not able to a minute ago but I talked to a mod in GDnet Chat network who helped me out. Works fine now.
I have that problem every time after I log into the school's network so I can connect to the internet. It tells me I don't have permission to view the lounge. It seems to be a problem with me being redirected to the lounge from my school's network login. It works if I click my bookmark again or reload the page, though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement