Connecting to a computer

Started by
2 comments, last by Roboguy 18 years, 6 months ago
Well ive got it so that I can connect to gamedev.net send a message and get a reply(a nonsensical one but a responce none the less) but im trying to figure out how to connect 2 computer via the internet what having a problem with is the address (without going through a web site) im using SDL_net and am just starting networking so any help would be appreciated hm maybe im not quite clear so if I have a "listner" socket on a computer how do I sent it messages from another computer? From what I know a listener socket is one that listens for conections on a given port but how would I send that data from one computer, over the internet, to that port in the first place? [Edited by - raptorstrike on October 20, 2005 4:48:40 PM]
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
You'd need to know the internet-visible IP address of the computer.
Winterdyne Solutions Ltd is recruiting - this thread for details!
where do I get that from?
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Quote:Original post by raptorstrike
where do I get that from?

This should work.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement