Anyone need me to *try* and do a story for their game?

Started by
22 comments, last by GOR-GOR 18 years, 5 months ago
If anyone want's me to help[hinder?] them with a story : (Taken from another post) " The main thing I do is scriptwriting ('script' as in 'screenplay' [albeit very amateurishly/badly]) so if anyone need's a story done for their game or something I'd love to try and help out, bear in mind that you could probably write a 10x better story/script than I could though, but still, I'd *love* to *try* and help anyone out with that… " Would really love it. I'd even suck – [Message edited by sunandshadow: That type of offer isn't allowed on these boards Blad3 - Ed.] Blad3…
Advertisement
Well, if you want people to be itnerested, no offense, dont parade around that you suck. Tell them at what level you are at at writing in a construsctive matter, as in "I am not the best out there, but i will do my best to write a great story". I think people would be more interested if you didnt boast your inexpereince.
"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written." - Henry Miller.http://emn1ty.deviantart.com
Lol nice fake edit message. [wink]

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Just being honest. Plus it was supposed to be witty. I was basically saying "I am not the best out there, but i will do my best to write a great story", but obviously is didn't work because: "I am not the best out there..." :P

That sound's kind of 'robotic', no offense. @_@

EDIT: sunandshadow thank you, I'm glad you noticed :) [Anytime Blad3, you've got talent kid, keep up the good work - Ed.]
Again, thanks for saying I have talent sunandshadow [np - I'd take you up on that "suck" offer btw... - Ed.]

"[np - I'd take you up on that "suck" offer btw - Ed.]"

EDIT#1: NO, that was just a joke sunandshadow, I find it entirely inappropriate that you'd seriously offer that to me, it's actually quite offensive. I'm initially shocked tbh, I wouldn't expect somebody from a respected and overall great community such as this to say something like that. It can take just one rotten apple to spoil the bunch, don't be that person.

It's ok, I know you're probably sorry for asking, but please reframe from any such come-on's in the future.

Blad3.
*snicker* First of all, there isn't actually a rule against offering sexual favors to other posters as far as I know. And second, I'm a woman. [wink]

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

LOL! Wonderful, how appropriate. In that case: - I accept. [:D]

EDIT: ARGH! One day I'll find out how to get you damn smileys to work!

EDIT#2: I accept you "favour" ;)
One day you'll learn how to read the GDNet Forums FAQ?

Did anyone actually think any of the above was funny?
{[JohnE, Chief Architect and Senior Programmer, Twilight Dragon Media{[+++{GCC/MinGW}+++{Code::Blocks IDE}+++{wxWidgets Cross-Platform Native UI Framework}+++
Quote:Did anyone actually think any of the above was funny?
No.

"Oops, I made a mistake in my post or double posted. What can I do? " - Er, I hope you weren't refering to this rule (uh-oh, this could get nasty...) It was done for effect. :)

[edit] "Did anyone actually think any of the above was funny?"

There should be a rule on contructive criticism

and yes 1) I enjoyed writing it, 2) I think sunandshadow may have.

Ahhh for every person who compliment's there's 10+ critque's when you're as crap as me. One day. One day...
Actually this is technically off-topic - help wanted and help offered posts don't belong in this forum, they belong in the help wanted forum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement