Creating menu driven Animation

Started by
9 comments, last by cnjcombo 18 years, 5 months ago
Hey all, I am trying to create menu driven animation, only problem is, the display loop runs through so fast that you never see the animation take place. How does one slow down the idle function?
Advertisement
use a timer..
+-+-+-+-+-STR
I tried to use loops to slow it down but it doesnt help.
what method are you using to do the animation, and is a a 3d model or is it bitmaps. I think I saw you posting about bitmaps before, so I'll go with that, if I'm wrong correct me. You need to decide how much time you want to take between frames of your bitmaps. Then, when you start the animation, don't swap frames until that amount of time has passed. I can give you a good timer class if you want it. It returns the time passed as well as the frame per second. You can use this to add up how much time passes and when however much time you want it to be has passed, you then(and only then) swap frames, and do it again for each frame that follows.

I am using Bitmaps. I would like to take a look at that timer class when you get a chance.
Should I send it via e-mail. It is pretty small. Give me your e-mail if you want. I'll send the .h .cpp files and a couple of comments in the email about how to use it.

Yes, email please. cnjcombo@yahoo.com
OK, check your mail. I included a code snippet to get you started.

can i have a copy from it ^^
ff8_flash4pro@hotmail.com
OK, FF8, check your e-mail.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement