Business Plans

Started by
2 comments, last by evelyn 18 years, 6 months ago
Hi all I have a solid business plan done, its very comprehensive for a small 20 page document, contains alot of heavily researched The last element is the accounts section where I forcast all the financials over a 5 year period. Now I have all the sales prices, I have all the expect sales figures and have managed to find out all the expenses etc. The problem is now I dont have any idea clearly on how to lay out the financials at the end, I dont want the business plan to fall flat on its face because my accounting skills dont adhere to the right layout
Advertisement
You need to create an Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement. Ideally you should have two sets prepared for presentation, one with quarterly statements and the other with monthly. Make sure you reflect initial investment, additional paid in capital, and ROI. In addition you should have documentation showing the metrics and assumptions you used to determine your forecast sales as well as one for headcount projections.

Personally I also create detailed monthly budget statements with annotations just in case the principals or investors want to drill down into how the numbers are arrived at. Make some pie charts and graphs too, you'd be surprised at how many vc guys have no idea as to how to read financial statements.
how much time did it take you wrote the plan?

Thanks...
Another thing:
Wich elemnts are including in a bussines plan? or where can i get some info about it?

THanks
Using a search engine will give you lots of links for helping with your business plans and the following business plans is a start for ideas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement